At First Call Contract Services we fill numerous contract positions across a broad spectrum of industries. With many companies still suffering from recruitment freezes a lot of them are turning to a recruitment agent, like First Call Contract Services, for the provision of short term staff into their organisations.
If you are having trouble finding employment, then like these companies, have you considered turning to the world of contract work? Do you know what working as a contractor entails? Are you aware of the benefits?
To help you along the way we have compiled a list of the top 5 benefits and reasons people turn to temporary contract employment:
1) Contract work offers people a way to get back into the business world after a period of unemployment or absence.
2) Contract positions offer the opportunity to quickly enhance knowledge or skills in particular areas, again often as a foot in the door to a particular market.
3) Permanent employees may feel that sometimes their successes and efforts go unrecognised. Contractors on the other hand are usually paid per time frame or project which means you can be directly rewarded for your achievements and receive the recognition you deserve.
4) A contract position offers you the chance to impress your employer of choice; successful contractors often find that they’re offered a permanent role.
5) Contract positions can also be a handy interim measure whilst you seek your desired permanent role and in most instances contract staff are treated the same as permanent staff regardless of industry.