Get in touch
Find out more about the different sectors you could work in.
Each one has a huge range of opportunities and jobs.Contact Us
First Call Contract Services are recruiting for a leading specialist scaffold contractor with expertise across a wide range of industries. They provide high quality scaffolds, access and hoist solutions across the South East.
We are recruiting for a Yard Operative to join their team based in Bishop’s Stortford.
Loading and unloading of company vehicles. Servicing, sorting and picking equipment.
• Supporting the Yard Manager & Yard Supervisor
• Ensuring correct equipment is delivered to site
• Ensuring all the equipment is fully serviced, stacked neatly and ready to be put onto site
• Maintaining a safe and tidy working environment, within the yard
• Load and unload vehicles with the correct equipment. Heavy lifting involved
• Stocktaking of yard equipment
• Understanding and co-operation in all Health & Safety matters
• Previous construction experience (e.g. labouring/warehousing, or alternatively an physical outdoor role/experience will be considered)
• Full UK driving licence and own transport due to the location of the yard (Bishop’s Stortford)
• Forklift licence and experience preferred, although training will be given
• Good arithmetic, written and communication skills
• Must be able to map read
• Must be able to use a tape measure
• Good with heights
• Problem solving, improvising and use of own initiative
Hours: Alternating shift pattern, week 1: 7:00am – 4:00pm, week 2: 12:00pm (midday) – 9:00pm
Hourly rate: £9.37 – £11.25 dependent on experience.
Daily registrations at our office:
20 New Street
This is a guide and is negotiable dependent on skills/experience/qualifications
If you think this is something that you could physically do, if you want to be part of a team which works hard but has a great team work attitude, and if you want to learn and progress with a very successful and highly regarded scaffolding company then we would like to hear from you.
Please contact our team on 01376 317400 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also click the link below to apply via the web.