Porter Supervisor – LHR
Interested in working at the biggest airport in UK? This is a great opportunity for you!
First Call Aviation are currently looking for a Porter Supervisor for an airside operation at London Heathrow Airport (LHR).
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a passion for aviation and enjoys working in a dynamic, quick-moving, and friendly environment.
As a Porter Supervisor you will oversee the Porter team at Heathrow, ensuring all facilities remain well presented, safe and clean. The Porter Supervisor will work closely with the Head of Operations to ensure standards are maintained and exceeded. They will be responsible for ensuring that the staff are trained, and that H&S is at the forefront of their day-to-day activities.
- Full-time work – with a competitive pay
- Weekly pay;
- Free PPE and Full training;
- 28 days holiday entitlement;
- Pension Scheme;
- Online Payslip Portal;
- Access to personal Benefits App (offering training courses, health & wellbeing support, shopping & gym discounts, and more)
As Porter Supervisor, your main responsibilities will be but are not limited to:
- Lead the Porter team to ensure there is a positive, motivational, supportive working environment.
- Ensure advanced planning of all duties including periodic tasks with clear schedules and sign off all duties and tasks completed.
- Carry out and manage daily audits to ensure high standards and a safe environment is always evident throughout the areas.
- Provide professional support to the business in service-related matters.
- Ensure high standards are always achieved, being flexible to meet the changing operational needs on a continual basis and to suggest new initiatives to ensure continuous improvement and best practices are continually delivered.
- Take full ownership and manage to conclusion all property feedbacks or complaints.
- Focus on strategic planning and implementation of best practice initiatives and innovation.
- Ensure the Porter team are equipped and have the knowledge to positively impact the portfolio for all users daily.
- Work closely with all stakeholders and departments adding value and promoting team work throughout.
- Manage and report on all property operational budgets with full transparency including forecasted spends.
- To control the delivery of the colleague’s rosters, completion of payroll and correct manning levels ensuring compliance is always maintained.
- Lead and advise the team in managing absence and holiday records including sickness and annual leave for all colleagues.
- Manage recruitment, induction training, developing, and retaining of colleagues and ensure continued ongoing focus and report on monthly basis.
- Ensure adequate quality performance measures (KPI’s/SLA’s) are adhered to and any noncompliance is resolved in a professional manner with clear plans and next steps visible to all.
- Ensure strict compliance to the Data Protection Act, GDPR and associated regulations.
- Deliver excellent leadership, communication and motivation to the site-based team including communicating daily so that a sound communication channel exists in order that team goals can
- Ensure flexible, suitable, and safe manning levels are maintained across all shifts to ensure service meets its contractual requirement.
- Provide initial line of escalation both for customers and staff.
- Co-ordinate the information required for the Monthly Performance Reports. Carry out Monthly Site Safety Inspections.
- To attend training and/or meetings as required by the line manager. Undertake note taking and investigations to support the Management Team.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with customers and colleagues, adhering to all current policies.
- Flexibility with working hours is required to accommodate the needs of the business.
To qualify for the role yo need to have:
- A appropriate management qualification in leadership or proven track record i.e ILM Level 5.
- A Health and Safety qualification – NEBOSH/IOSH (desirable).
- Formal training and qualifications (desirable).
- Customer Service Skills NCFE Level 2.
- Full UK driving licence
- Checkable 5-year activity/criminal history
- Full flexibility in regards working hours (your shift plan will consist of AM as well as PM shifts)
To apply, please:
- Register on our website at https://register.firstcallcontractservices.co.uk/ (with Aviation office)
- Text “Porter Supervisor – your name, surname” to 07568106033.
- Call us on 01784 464464 or 0330 094 7588
- Or send your CV (specify the job you are trying to apply for in subject) to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted
First Call Aviation is part of First Call Contract Services Limited – dedicated to providing a professional service to the Aviation sector.