Lead Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical)
First Call Contract Services Ltd are currently recruiting for a Lead Engineer for their clients busy operation based in Stevenage, SG1.
This role is being recruited for on a permanent basis.
- To provide multi-skilled engineering and maintenance cover with a bias towards electrical engineering across all functions
- To work with and manage the engineering function, actioning maintenance practices to ensure standards for reliability, wastage and cost effectiveness
Candidate duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing breakdown and maintenance cover to ensure production continuation and minimising down time
- Carrying out routine maintenance according to planned, preventative maintenance plan
- Ensuring all work undertaken is recorded and record kept and made available for audit purposes
- Engineering team management
- Ensure machinery and building is safe and complies with all regulations
- Supporting continuous improvement projects
- Ensure all machinery and buildings are safe and complies with all regulations
- To report and communicate all maintenance issues effectively at all levels
- To contribute towards the continuous improvement of processes and site services
- To undertake maintenance on all plant equipment and service
- Diagnose, fault-find, commission systems, monitor and assess ongoing machine / facility performance, through PPM programme, identifying any additional works required and complete work requests
Candidate experience will include:
- Preferable FMCG experience / background or similar environment
- A recognised engineering qualification is essential (City & Guilds, BTEC or HNC)
- Will need to possess City & Guilds 2360 18th Edition
- Good Health & Safety knowledge, an IOSH or NEBOSH certificate would be beneficial
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 4.30pm however during busy periods an element of flexibility will be required.
There may be out of hours / on call activity.
Starting salary is £45kpa + excellent company benefits.
Immediate interviews and starts are available.
For further information please contact First Call Contract Services today!