Forklift Warehouse Operative at Gatwick
Based at: Gatwick
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £13.14 per hour
Sector: General Assistant – Warehouse
Reports to: Relevant Departmental Manager
First Call Aviation is hiring for Forklift Warehouse Operative at Gatwick.
Working with First Call Contract Services gives you many additional benefits:
- Money saving offers and discounts at your fingertip.
- 24/7 GP helpline
- Discounted Gym membership in over 2500 gyms
Shifts and Pay Rates:
- Earlies and lates per rota
- 8hrs shift
- 0600 – 1400 / 1230 – 2100
- £13.14 an hour
General Assistants work in a team and work well under pressure and in new environments on a daily basis. All staff will be required to work in all areas of the business, bond store, equipment pack, dishwash, production, warehouse and despatch. Dependent on operational requirements and supervise the staff screening process (currently within the COVID guidelines).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have Forklift Licence.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in catering (desirable).
- The ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent communication, team work and customer service skills.
- Good literacy skills, verbal written and spoken.
- Operational awareness, understand of HACCP, COSHH, DDA, Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and DFT requirements. (Role specific)
- To check all products when receiving delivery for quality, quantity, date and temperature.
- Ensuring it is put into the correct warehouse or departmental location.
- Ensuring stock levels are maintained.
- Stock is rotated to get maximum shelf life both in the warehouse and in the unit.
- Carrying out accurate weekly stock count for ordering.
- Ensuring COSHH and HACCP, are adhered to at all times.
- Adhere to inflight services security compliance
- All safety checks are done prior to using the forklift to ensure it is safe to use.
- Adhere to clean as you go standard
- Record, report food wastage
- Record, report breakages i.e. china, glass
- Carry out final search and screening function
- Adhere to Unit safety measures in place.
- Adhere to inflight services security compliance.
- Adhere to clean as you go standard.
- Interact with, colleagues, customers and clients in a professional manner at all times.
- Comply with all unit Corporate, Social, Responsibility initiatives.
- Any other duties as requested by your manager.
Apply NOW by any of the following methods and well get straight back to you!
- Text “FORKLIFTGAT” – your name, surname” to 07885457883 or 07825728745
- Call us on 03300 947 588
- Send your cv on