Forklift Warehouse Operative
Based at: Feltham
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £11.50 -£12 per hour.
Job Title: Forklift Warehouse Operative / Senior – Screener
Reporting to: Reporting to the warehouse Supervisor / Manager
First Call Aviation is hiring for a Forklift Warehouse Operator at Feltham.
Working with First Call Contract Services gives you many additional benefits:
- Working with First Call Contract Services gives you many additional benefits!
- Money saving offers and discounts at your fingertip.
- 24/7 GP helpline
- Discounted Gym membership in over 2500 gyms
- Online Payslip Access
Shifts and Pay Rates:
- Mon to Fri 08:00 – 16:30
- Mon to Fri 1 week early, one week late
- Mon to Fri 23:30 – 08:00
- Payrate: £11.50 -£12.00
Working as part of the Warehouse team, the Warehouse Operative will be responsible for the delivery of an effective and efficient service to the business. To ensure that all warehouse duties are carried out correctly, accurately, and safely. To ensure adherence to the CAA, TAPA & physical security regulations always. Always Ensuring compliance to Health & Safety policies. That housekeeping guidelines are maintained. That HMRC, GDP and IATA regulations are adhered to.
General information about the duties:
- To carry out all warehouse activities in accordance with standard operating procedures and statutory regulations
- To ensure that all data recorded within the Warehouse is accurate, legible, and correct always.
- Ensuring company systems are updated as per standard operating procedures.
- To ensure that the STP test piece is completed correctly and any results that fail minimum standard are reported to Managers.
- To ensure that the Xray defect sheet is completed correctly, and any faults reported to Managers.
- To ensure that the screening log is completed correctly and eligible.
- To ensure that cargo loaded for screening has a minimum gap of 50cm between items.
- To ensure that the FREDD protocol is followed correctly when overseeing FREDD screening.
- To ensure that any hand search or ETD is only completed in the ETD area.
- To assist with any audits or CAA inspections.
- To ensure that all Customs policies and procedures are always adhered to.
- To ensure Health & Safety policy is always adhered to.
- To ensure that all forklifts and other equipment accredited to the warehouse are used in accordance with the training received.
- Must have forklift licence.
- Previous experience of warehouse operations
- Self-Motivated and can-do Attitude
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- To work effectively as an individual and a member of a team by cooperating and supporting colleagues in the workplace
- Knowledge and understanding of how Logistics or other large airfreight organisations operate.
- Knowledge of import/export/Logistics procedures
- Excellent understanding of freight industry security processes
- Complete understanding of TAPA, CAA, MHRA HMRC and IATA regulations.
- To deal politely, efficiently, and courteously with a wide range of individuals, ensuring they feel supported, listened to, welcome and confident in the handling of their enquiry.
Apply NOW by any of the following methods and well get straight back to you!
- Text “GEOWO- your name, surname” to 07885457883
- Call us on 03300 947 588
- Send your CV on